Monday, March 8, 2010

Where does the time go?

The older I get the more time seems to just fly by. I will never forget while in high school, an older teenager and I were talking and she told me as I was wishing my life away, that once you hit 16, the years just seem to all run together. This has never seemed more true. I vaguely remember the last few years of high school, my college years, or the years since. I can say that my time at Auburn seemed to past by all too quickly (although I am sure my parents would not say the same thing). I can't believe I was there for 5 years and now they are gone in the blink of an eye, nothing left but memories.

On with the reason for this post...I can't believe Hayden's 1st birthday is quickly approaching! Brian and I are planning on converting the back guest bedroom into her playroom. It isn't that she really needs this playroom, because I am sure she will still be in the den with us all the time, but we really need some more space to store all of her toys. Our den/family room is starting to look like a toy store and I am always stepping over toys, diapers, clothes, burp cloths, etc. I can't wait to get her little room in order.

We love our house, but one of my major gripes about it is the size of the 3 other bedrooms (the master is heavenly). They are all so small and there really isn't enough room for all the big plans I have for them. But I wanted to give you an idea of a few of the things I am planning on doing for her playroom.


First we are going to move the bed and night stand out. I am going to leave the dresser in there for some extra clothing storage for her. Next we are going to get her a tv and dvd player for all her movies - she already has almost all of the disney movies and I am sure we will start collecting other little toddler movies soon. I bought her a monkey rug for the floor for Christmas and we have plans to get her very own chair, with her name on it - here is a picture of the one we are going to order: Here is the picture of her rug that we got her for Christmas and an example of why we really do "need" this playroom.


And a similar toy box/chest for her room.


And finally my favorite part - a couple of months ago I was out at Hobby Lobby while looking for picture frames and ran across some vinyl lettering for the walls and couldn't resist buying this one. I love the way these look in homes, how they looked hand-painted on the walls. I hope this one turns out. The one I bought is not this color, but more neutral and brown a perfect match for our house.



I can't wait to see how it all turns out - I am sure it will only stay nice and neat for a few days, but this will be after all Hayden's room, not mine. I hope she loves it, because we sure love her!>

2 comments:

  1. Playrooms are the best. I remember when we had a 3 bedroom house, I just made the dining room into a playroom - I mean, how often do you really use that room when the kids are little? Then when we moved to a 4 bedroom - heavenly - and still is today. Play room for kids = media/theater for teens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The playroom is going to be awesome. You will love having a store room for all those toys. You're right though, about Hayden not really staying in there. Reagan always wanted to be in the den with us and would drag everything out of there. I miss having that room though. Of course we gave up our playroom because of an excellent reason....little Miss Gracen needed a bedroom. I wonder how long that room will be a playroom before it becomes your next nursery! LOL!
    Enjoy decorating it!

    ReplyDelete