Monday, March 1, 2010

Menu for the Week

Brian and I have serious problems not eating out during the week. We try hard every week to stick to our menu, but we never manage. After eating at home for a couple of nights both of us really want something else. We can't figure it out, maybe we are used to eating out or maybe we are both tired and hungry, not wanting to cook or clean the kitchen I don't know. But I know that we are going to try again to eat at home every day this week and hopefully we will succeed. We have both talked about how growing up we ate at home almost all the time. Maybe the convenience of eating out all the time wasn't there or maybe we didn't have the money to eat out (not that Brian and I do) whatever the reason I liked it. I do remember Mom taking me to McDonalds on Wednesdays on the way to church and I always looked forward to those nights. I really want Hayden to grow up eating home cooked meals, I suppose I should learn to cook better or maybe get more practice. So here is our menu for this week, maybe we can stick with it.

Sunday - we grilled out shrimp and had home made mac & cheese
Monday - Lassagna and salad
Tuesday - Chicken Pot Pie (one of our faves)
Wednesday - Beef Stroganoff
Thursday - Bible Study
Friday - Beef Tips and Rice
Saturday - we have a wedding and will eat at the reception. Mom and Dad are keeping Hayden for the whole night, yippe! I know she will have a blast - she loves them and is always all smiles and giggles with Gram. I hope she does good, can't wait to hear all about it.
Sunday - I am sure we will eat lunch out after church and that night I hope to make something great in the crockpot. Maybe the cheeseburger pie recipe from my sister Lori.

I wonder if we can stick to the menu for the week?

On a side note Brian and I were not able to make it to our couple's bible study or church this past week and we both really missed it. Last Monday I started noticing a little rash on Hayden and it developed into a full blown rash all over her body and face by Wednesday. She looked terrible, but it didn't seem to bother her one bit, she was in a good mood and I never saw her scratching it. So I called the doctor and since she seemed fine with no fever or other symptoms, they didn't need to see her. He suggested I give her children's benedryl, which we did and on Saturday she was throwing up a little bit, but again nothing bothered her. Most of the time she didn't even notice she was doing this, but I decided not to take her around any other kids just in case she was contagious. She seems all better now, hopefully whatever she had is gone.

1 comment:

  1. Cooking at home is really a choice you have to make in this day and time - convience is so much easier. Just try to figure out how much money you are saving and then put that aside for something special!

    ReplyDelete