Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hayden's First Day of Preschool

Yesterday was a big day in our house, not only was it my birthday, but it was also Hayden's first day of K-2. She is attending Frazer's Preschool two days a week and I was so excited for her yesterday. She acted like such a big girl and wanted to carry her lunch box and her back pack all by herself.

Mommy did good too, no tears were shed, but my eyes did water up once while we were climbing the stairs to her classroom. I know she will love school and will learn so much. When I picked her up yesterday after lunch she hugged my neck real big and told her teachers bye and while we were walking out she started talking about Humpty Dumpty - so she is already learning, my sweet girl.

Here are a few pictures:

Hayden's new lunch box and book bag - she loves them both!



I have stressed over what to pack Hayden for lunch for weeks now. I knew this would be a big adjustment for her because being at home every day Hayden gets to "snack" pretty much whenever she wants and this girl, eats all the time! She loves fruit, so I packed watermelon, cantaloupe, white cheese popcorn, animal cookies, gold fish, and some yogurt fruit snacks. When I picked her up I checked her lunch box and she had eaten everything, except for a few pieces of cantaloupe! Ha!



Before heading out the door, I wanted to get a couple pictures of her just in case she didn't want pictures at school. She looked adorable, if I do say so myself. She loved holding her lunch box and book bag.





Here we are walking into Frazer, she was getting just a little apprehensive seeing all the people walking around. But she still wanted to walk all by herself.




When we walked in her classroom, she hugged one of her teachers Ms. Stefanie!



And then sat in Ms. Beverly's lap for a picture with both of her teachers, that face is priceless. She was itching to go play.



She told me bye and then went straight for the baby dolls - this girl loves to play.



And finally, here is a shot of Hayden's play/nap area at my office. On the days when she goes to school she will be coming back with me to my office - to hopefully rest, take a nap and watch movies. Yesterday was a success, she explored a little bit, had a snack, watch two movies and took a long nap while I worked. Doesn't this area look so nice and cozy? She has a tv, dvd player, a basket with movies, toys, and a comfy area to lay down and nap!




1 comment:

  1. I bet she had a blast! But I have to wonder - did she get paint or dirt or anything on that pretty dress?

    ReplyDelete