Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Halloween

This photo is one from Sunday, right after church. Gram and Pap watched Hayden for us while we went to the contemporary service. We would have put Hayden in nursery, but the last time we did that, we were "paged" out of the service to come and get our screaming child, after they were unable to calm her down after 40 minutes. Bless her heart, as soon as she saw me coming and I picked her up, she stopped crying and just held on to me so tightly, as if to say, please don't ever leave me again. I know this isn't a good thing, but sure does make a momma feel good.

Pap holding Hayden at our house on Halloween! We dressed her in her little dress again, I couldn't resist putting her in it one more time.

Lesley and I and our sweet little goblins!


A couple of the pictures of the beautiful candles for outside before it got dark.




This past weekend was Hayden's first Halloween. I have captured a few photos from the weekend - it went by in a blur. My sister and her girls and my parents stopped by Saturday night and Reagan, dressed as "Ariel" from the Little Mermaid got to trick or treat in our neighborhood, she had a blast! Hayden and Gracen really enjoyed each other's company and one of them even sucked the other's toe, but we won't mention any names, Gracen :). So glad they were all able to stop by and celebrate together. As promised I took a couple photos of the new candle holders I mentioned in an earlier post. These are the holders that Brian has been working so hard to make and after I got some candles and some pretty fall ribbon we lined the driveway for all the kids. They were a big hit and I am so proud of them. They are gorgeous. Can't wait to decorate them for Christmas as well.

I have a very busy week ahead of me. I am leaving in the morning for Orange Beach and won't return home until Friday afternoon. I will miss Brian and Hayden so much, but I have full faith that Brian can handle things here at home just fine on his own. We decided after much thought and prayer that since I have to travel so much, that now is as good a time as any for Brian to attempt his first couple of overnights on his own. I just pray that Hayden will behave for him and they can have a lot of bonding time together. I know they will be just fine. I will update more when I return home, I am sure I will have some funny stories.

1 comment: