Thursday, April 1, 2010

Profound Sadness

I am struggling to write this post, but felt I should and ask everyone for your prayers. Yesterday afternoon around lunch time I was leaving a meeting in Birmingham at Legion Field and my cell phone rang. It was a good friend of mine, she started her conversation by saying "I am so sorry to have to call you, I have some really bad news and I hope it doesn't ruin your day", of course my stomach dropped and I said "ok, go on". She was calling to tell me that two very dear friends of mine had lost their 3 1/2 month old baby girl. This hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't hear much else of what she said and I don't remember driving home at all, I was in a complete fog. The Lord got me home safely because it certainly wasn't me, most all I did was cry the whole way home and talked to God. I do remember having to pull over because I needed a break, but after almost three hours I made it home. This is a drive that usually only takes me an hour and a half.

I don't really know any details, just that she woke up yesterday morning as a happy little baby, giggling and laughing. Her mommy dropped her off at daycare and at some point that morning they put her down for a nap in the crib and twenty minutes later they checked on her to find her unresponsive. The paramedics tried unsuccessfully for over an hour to revive her. My heart hurts!

Why do things like this happen? I have prayed non-stop for the comfort of this sweet family. I have prayed for her sweet life to mean something, for God to use this for His Glory! I know he will, but I still want to know Why this happened. As a mommy myself, I don't see how you survive this, but I know God does not put more on you than you can handle. As Christians we all know this and through him, all things are possible!

Since hearing the news I have thought so much about them. How do you wake up one morning with a happy baby and before the day is over have to start planning a funeral? Find a little baby casket and something beautiful to bury a child in? It doesn't seem fair!

These things happen everyday and there is always a reason, we have to Believe this! Please pray for this sweet and precious family, they certainly need to be lifted up in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I have no words to say that can offer comfort. Be prepared, if you go to the funeral, it is the sadest thing I have ever done.

    Pray and love, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene and I have been praying for this dear couple and their loss. Praying for you too and all the questions it has brought to your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lindsay, My heart is crushed. This story has broken my heart, What an absolute nightmare. Please know that I am praying for you and this sweet babies family. I will pray for those hurting to find peace and comfort. You will see her again. In Jesus, we know there are no goodbyes. But my heart is broken. Heavenly Father, how could this happen? Please give us strength.

    ReplyDelete