Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July



We had a wonderful and long holiday weekend for the 4th and I wanted to make sure that Hayden had a great time too. I think she did.

On Friday, Brian's parents came and picked Hayden up that evening to spend the night at their house. Lowndesboro was having a mini parade early Saturday morning and they wanted to take Hayden and have her ride in the back of the trailer. I don't have pictures from this since we weren't there, but they said she had a blast. Brian and I joined them late that afternoon for a family cook-out.



Sunday we went to church that morning and then joined my sister and her family and my parents in Wetumpka for their festivities late that afternoon. It was super hot, but I think the kids enjoyed themselves. We did not stay for the fireworks that night since they were not starting until 8:30ish and I wanted Hayden to get to bed at her normal time which is around 8:30. That wasn't the case, since our neighborhood was lit up with fireworks, but once we got her to sleep she slept all night, right through them - thank goodness! Here is a picture of Hayden after church, it was the best I could get and she had already made a mess of her dress, but still so cute.



These pictures are from our afternoon in Wetumpka. First one, Hayden was busy trying to find more cheese puffs, that child loves her puffs!



Here is Hayden with my Dad, he was making her laugh and she paused to check out my camera.



While there, we checked out the playground and Gram was happy to play on all the equipment with Hayden.



And here I am taking her down a slide for the first time, she had no idea what to think, but she got the hang of it.







The batteries in my camera pretty much died before my sister and her family joined us so I have no pictures of them, but thankfully Lesley had her camera and she got some cute ones too.

Monday was a holiday for me and we just enjoyed staying at the house for most of the day, didn't do a whole lot but we had a pretty busy weekend. Hope you all had a great 4th. I am so proud to be an American!

No comments:

Post a Comment