Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Family Legacy

Some of you may know, others not, but my beloved Granny passed away yesterday morning. Although she was 90 years old, it was very unexpected. I do take great comfort in knowing that she did not suffer or have long hospital stays due to illness. She lived a great and full life. She was the proud mother of 5 children, 9 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren. Her legacy will forever live on in those that she helped to give life.

She was the last remaining grandparent for me and my sisters and will truly be missed. She was a constant, never changing. I will always look back on the memories I have of her and smile. In my entire life I never heard her say a cross word about anyone, even though she had plenty of times when she could have(and maybe even should have). She never judged anyone and always had a smile on her face, isn't that a wonderful way to live? If only we could all be like that.

I know she was 90 years old and had lived a wonderful and very full life, but I just assumed she would live forever and if not forever, maybe 10 more years. But that would have been selfish of me to have wanted that for her. It was her time and she was completely at peace with that, what a wonderful way to go. She is now at home, where she belongs, with all of those that have passed on before her. She is with her family and friends and with Granddaddy. I take peace knowing this as well.

God Bless you Granny, you will forever be thought of and I hope your legacy continues in all of us. I am especially grateful that you were able to see Hayden. This picture will always mean the world to me and hopefully to her one day as well. We love you. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my family, especially my Dad, as he grieves the loss of his mother.

Hazel Dean June 1, 1920 - July 6, 2010

1 comment: