Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Loveliest Village on the Plains

Last weekend, the day after we buried my Granny, I really needed a change of scenery. After much thought, an opportunity presented itself for Brian and I and Hayden to spontainously head to Auburn and spend the night. We had a great time. It made me truly miss that town and brought back a flood of memories. We headed over late Friday afternoon. We had no plans and that was 100% fine with me. I just wanted to relax and spend some time with my family strolling through campus. That evening we had dinner at a nice little mexican place and then walked around campus close to the Auburn University Hotel & Conference Center - which is where we stayed.

I love that hotel and the sales director there knows me personally and was nice enough to comp our room and even had a little treat for us when we checked in - wasn't this so nice?? It really is the small things that make a difference.




On Saturday, we got up super early, thanks to Hayden and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast buffett at Aricca. Then headed out toward Jordan-Hare, oh how I love that stadium!! I was so excited to snap a few pictures of Hayden with some AU in the background. We finished the day with lunch at Mellow Mushroom downtown and then an afternoon full of shopping and walking around downtown.




I purchased Hayden her very first AU cheerleading outfit and was floating in the clouds all day afterwards. I told Brian when we left the store that I have waited my whole life to be able to buy an AU cheerleading outfit for my daughter. Brian looked at me with a very sad face and said that he has waited his whole life to buy an AU football helment and jersey for his son, doesn't that make you so sad?? I told Brian maybe next time, only God knows for sure. But I can tell you this, Brian is an awesome father to his little girl. God knows best!

Until football season begins, these pictures will have to do. I LOVE AUBURN!! God help us both if Hayden or our future kids turn out to be anything but Auburn fans...just saying.

WAR EAGLE - Auburn truly is the loveliest village on the plains.





I am pretty sure in this picture - Hayden is thinking "LET ME IN"


1 comment:

  1. Such cute pictures!!! It looks like you guys had a fun day. And I hope there is a football helmet in the future. We need some more boys in this family.

    ReplyDelete