Saturday, August 28, 2010

Birthday

My 31st Birthday was last week and we had a great time. Birthdays have always been a big deal to me. I love celebrating them and not just for one day. I think birthdays are special and should be celebrated for a week or at least an entire weekend. Brian doesn't agree with me, he thinks I am nuts for wanting an entire week, maybe he is right. But I secretly hope that Hayden feels the same way I do, because you can't agrue two against one right?

Anyway, this year I actually got my wish and we started celebrating my birthday a whole 10 days early. We had my birthday dinner at my parents house early and I got to choose dinner, which was Jim N Nick's bbq and my very favorite strawberry cake. I even got to blow out candles (and thank goodness there were not 31 of them). It was quite entertaining trying to get a picture of this and I even got to blow them out three times trying to get a good picture.





Then the next weekend we got Brian's parents to watch Hayden so the two of us could go to my favorite restuarant for dinner, El Rey. It is a little mexican place in Cloverdale. It isn't really Mexican, but more of a healthy mexican. Everything there is locally grown and organic. It is truly the best!

So looks like I got my wish and we were able to celebrate for a few days. Thank you to all who helped make my birthday very special. I LOVE Birthdays, for now anyway!

Here are a few pictures from the dinner at my parents house, we had a blast and so did the kids.



1 comment: