Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Twin Cities

Ok - well I didn't actually see both of the cities, but apparently they are one in the same. The National Recreation & Parks Association annual Congress and Trade Show was held in Minneapolis a couple of weeks back. It was late October and it was just beginning to get cold there. And by cold I mean, when I flew out of Montgomery it was in the 80's and when I landed in Minneapolis it was a dreary, rainy, windy 30 something.

Minneapolis is a really neat town because everything downtown is connected via a massive skywalk system. The skywalk system expands over 8 miles total. Every building, shopping center, restuarant, bar and hotel is bascially connected - so once we arrived we never even had to put our jackets back on, until the last night.

I had to work some of this trip, but during the times I didn't have meetings, my friend Erica and I, (she and I love to travel together)did lots of shopping and lots of eating.

We spent an entire day shopping at the Mall of America - this place is unbelievable and made the entire trip to Minneapolis worth it. I would love to have the opportunity to take Hayden back there some day. Did you know they have an aquarium and an amusement park inside this mall? It is amazing! And one little fact about that mall is if you were to spend 10 minutes browsing in every store it would take you 86 hours to finish, that's what I call shopping!

Here are a few pictures from our visit. Not very many, but honestly it was too cold and too rainy to get outside most of the trip. But we did have a great time. Thanks for always traveling with me Erica.

Each trip we try to make a visit to Hard Rock, our hotel was connected to this Hard Rock, it was neat.





Here is a shot of the amusement park inside the Mall of America. I know this picture doesn't really show it, but this park is huge. Crazy big for inside a mall. I really wanted to ride some of the rides, but maybe next time.



And these last two pictures were inside the Twins Stadium. I had a party to attend there and we were up in the Suites - very nice. It was freezing that night, so we only walked outside briefly. Not very good pictures, but you get the idea.



1 comment:

  1. Did you eat at Hell's Kitchen? I just can't decide if he is a good cook or just a personality.

    ReplyDelete