Sunday, October 10, 2010

What's Cooking?

I haven't posted our menu in a while, mainly because it has been very boring - things like spaghetti, hamburgers, etc. But I am trying to add a few new things...

Here is our menu for the week, it started yesterday:

Saturday - Steak and Baked Potatoes

Sunday - Potato Crusted Tilapi and Lobster Tails
This was a new one for us and it was so easy, I thought I would share the recipe with you in case you are looking for something new.




Fresh tilapi fillets, however many in your family
1 cup instant mashed potato flakes
1/3 cup mayo
1 Tbsp horseradish sauce
salt
(it also called for dillweed, but I opted against that)

place tilapi fillets on pan with tin foil and add salt, preheat oven to 450, set aside
place the potato flakes in a microwaveable bowl and heat for 1.5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
add mayo and horseradish sauce and mix well.
Spoon the mixure over the fillets and cook for 12-14 minutes.

For the lobster tails, I just cooked these on my stove top on a grill pan. I placed them on the pan and cooked without touching them for about 10 minutes shell side down. Once they were done I added melted butter and garlic salt mixture onto the meat and turned them over and let them cook (off the heat) for about 2 minutes.

Dinner served - it was so much fun!

Monday - Crock-pot Roast and vegetables

Tuesday - I will be bringing home leftovers from my golf tournament, probably fried fish, hushpuppies and cole slaw.

Wednesday - pizza

Thursday - Shrimp Scampi served over a parmesean angel hair pasta

Friday - Pulled Pork Barbeque Sandwiches and Camp Stew

Saturday - the cylce begins again and I am sure Brian will grill out either a smoked chicken or steaks.

And let's not forget all of these dishes came from Publix with my couponing. Everything was on sale this week or I already had it in the panty since I have been stockpiling. My pantry is so full, it is about to bust at the seams!

Happy Cooking to you all, please feel free to share your favorite recipes with me. I am always looking for some new ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the card! It meant a lot. Ok - question about tilapia - did you buy it fresh? or do you think some that I already have frozen will work? It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it fresh - but I am sure the frozen will work too. Just follow directions on how to thaw it out. I wouldn't put it in the oven frozen. I dipped mine in horseradish sauce for a little kick and to make it less dry. It was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete