Thursday, December 16, 2010

This Time of Year

Christmas is a time of year that typically makes everyone happy and excited. But let's not forget that there are MANY people out there that dread this time of year. So many of my friends have reasons to be sad this year. Brian and I have both lost friends this year and each of them has left behind grieving family members.

I can't think about Christmas this year without thinking of those that are hurting. My heart goes out to them. If you will remember several months ago I had a post about two good friends of mine that lost their infant daughter. Not a single day goes by that I don't think of them. Her first birthday would have been next week, she was born on December 23rd and I can only imagine how hard that day and Christmas will be for them. I am praying constantly, please join me if you don't mind. Their names are David and Michelle Azbell, their daughter's name was Reagan. She was only 3 months old. I am sure their thoughts are all about what should have been. I pray that God continues to heal them and place comfort on them during this very difficult time of year and always.

And just yesterday Brian lost a classmate of his from high school. Some of you may have seen it on the news, she was the EMT that had been called to an accident on Interestate 65. She was helping one of the accident victims when a truck, that was speeding, left the road and hit her. She left behind a 10 month old daughter. Only days before Christmas, I just can't imagine.

I didn't mean to make this a sad post, but please lift up your prayers for so many families out there that are struggling this time of year. May they each find a moment during the holidays to find something to laugh about or smile about, even if it is only a happy memory with their loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment