Thursday, April 28, 2011

Picking up the Pieces

Yesterday, April 27, 2011 was a day in Alabama that will not be forgotten. It was a day when massive tornadoes ripped through our entire state and left severe damage in it's path. Looking on-line this morning and reading news reports throughout the day have left me heartbroken for the many families that have suffered tremendous loss. The death toll continues to rise and so many people now have nothing. No homes, no clothes, no neighbors. I read somewhere that entire neighborhoods were wiped off the map. So hard to believe the devastation that was left in the path of these tornadoes. I spent most of my day at work trying to contact members in the affected communties, I was able to reach some, some I still have not heard from. Many will be without power for days, maybe even longer. The power company said this is not an issue of fixing something that is broken, but instead it is an issue of completely rebuilding something that is no longer there.

Please join me in praying for everyone that has been affected, pray they will continue to pick up the pieces of their once full life and find a new sense of normal, whatever that may be.

Today left me wanting to be home with my family. I wanted to play with Hayden and praise God for her and Brian. I will continue to thank Him for my family and for keeping us safe.

We decided to make a quick trip to Bass Pro tonight for dinner and Hayden was excited to see the fish, she talked about them the entire way in the building and walked us straight back to see them.

Here we are in front of the gigantic fish tank:

29 Day until I turn 2

No comments:

Post a Comment