Sunday, February 21, 2010

Plans for the Week

Today was nursery day for me at church and we had a great time. Hayden was really good, again. She played in the floor with all the blocks, mostly had them in her mouth, yuck and I am sure she will be sick again this week because of it. But she did a great job. John Schmidt's service today was PG-13, since he talked sexual intimacy and the sins of men (and women) so nursery and the children's area was slam packed. He did let everyone in the church know a few weeks in advance. I missed this sermon of course, but it will be posted on the church's website by Tuesday. Can't wait to hear it - Brian said he did a great job. I just wanted to post a few pictures of Hayden from this morning, she looked adorable in her cute little puppy dog dress. And as you can see she has her little blue teething toy in her hand in the pictures. She hardly ever lets it go, she is sleeping right now with it tightly in her hands. She even held on to it throughout most of nursery too.


Here is another shot of her in her dress - maybe you can see it a little better. We are playing in this picture. I was making her laugh by trying to take her toy from her. She thought it was the funniest thing ever.


We have a busy week - I love these! Today I was suppose to make a bridal tea for a friend of Brian's, they are getting married in two weeks. Brian said we can just take the gift to the wedding, I don't think he wanted me to leave, no problem. I am happy to stay here and try and clean a little, plus I need to get to the grocery store this afternoon too. Tuesday, Brian has an afternoon meeting and Wednesday I have meetings at the office and then on Thursday we have a couple's bible study that will last 10 weeks. This started last week and we really like our group. It is 8 couples and we will spend time going over John's sermon from the previous Sunday. This month, the month of love, his sermons are based on romance - what a great topic, especially for those of us with babies in the house. Romance seems to slip through the cracks. We are always so busy entertaining Hayden, changing diapers, making her laugh, making bottles, cleaning bottles, washing clothes, etc. that we hardly have time for each other. But we are making efforts and that is so important to both of us. Let us not forget it was just me and Brian before Hayden joined us.

I like how my sister Lori posts her menu for the week, so I thought I would start doing this too. Ours is awful this week, but until I have time to research some new and interesting meals, this will have to do. Here goes, don't cringe:

Sunday - pizza pasta and southern style biscuits (sound low-fat?)

Monday - sliced chicken sandwiches with wing sauce from the crock-pot, this is a new recipe :)

Tuesday - Pork chops and homemade mac & cheese and salad

Wednesday - bbq chicken and baked beans

Thursday - Bible Study, dinner at their house

Friday and Saturday - we will be at the beach, weather permitting so hopefully we will be eating good. We will only be making this trip if it stays above freezing at night. I don't feel comfortable leaving Maggie at home if the temps dip below 32, and right now it is calling for the nights to be in the 20s, so it is looking very unlikely. Will keep you posted of course.

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you guys decided to try the Bible study on Thursday night. I hope you love it. Hayden looks precious in her little dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That menu sounds YUMMY to me!!! Love the new blog design, too! :)

    ReplyDelete