Wednesday, February 17, 2010

President's Day

I had Monday off and it was so nice to enjoy a 4 day weekend at home. If only I had these every week, a girl can dream right? My day started off good, Hayden slept in, which was nice because I did too. The two of us had a little girl's day planned. I had talked with a couple of my best friends from high school and we were planning to meet at the mall around 10:45 or 11:00 for lunch in the food court and then some play time for all the kids. I completely under estimated the difficulty of this task since we all have kids. I, of course, only have one, but my friend Melissa has a three year old and a baby that is nine months old and my friend Stacy has three kids, a five year old, a three year old and an 8 month old. Needless to say this event was stressful for me! We all ended up meeting closer to noon because of various nap times for everyone and Stacy has to drive over with three from Auburn, God bless her. But we all managed to get there and get settled in. By the time everyone was there and we had all fed the kids, it was time for us to eat and this was no small feat. I was starving, but we had already been sitting in the food court for about an hour and Hayden decided she no longer wanted to "sit" there. So...thank heavens for my Mom. I did think ahead of time and invite her to come and join us. The girls had been asking to see her and I knew she would be a huge help - so thanks so much! She was able to take Hayden strolling for a few moments while I ate my sandwich. Now, Stacy and Melissa managed just fine with their kids, but they are "seasoned" moms right? I have no idea how in the world they do it. Of course, even when other babies are fussy, no one is quite as loud as my precious Hayden. So everyone in the food court got to hear my little one :)

We had a great day, but I didn't get to stay as long as I would have liked and enjoy spending time with them and their babies because Hayden really, really needed her nap time and I was not willing to compromise on this one. So we left. But over all I had a great time with them and we all agreed that we can't wait to do it again, especially when it warms up, maybe our next outing will be to the zoo.

PS - it was really a sight to see. We sat in the food court, with three strollers - two of them double strollers. Three moms and 6 kids, who would have thought??

And in honor of President's Day I would like to officially say that I really miss President Bush. I saw a picture the other day that had W's face on a billboard with the quote beside him saying "Miss me Yet?" and it made my heart smile. Yes I miss you! I can't thank him enough for his 8 years of leadership for the United States and I wish him and Laura all the best - just my two sense worth.

1 comment: