Friday, February 4, 2011

Trying New Things

Do you ever get bored fixing the same meals over and over? I know I do. I am always looking for something new to learn how to make or something exciting to bring to the table. I have been wanting to spice up our menu for some time but honestly I haven't had the time to sit down and look through cookbooks or look up recipes on-line until this week. I really do love to cook, I love trying new things and making extravaggant meals, but Brian and I don't always have the same tastes. So I am thankful that now, most of the time I get home before Brian and I can begin the process of cooking dinner before he arrives so he can't veto what I am planning to make - this makes dinner time so much easier.

I am also proud to say that I finally purchased my very own copy of "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" and I am trying one of her dishes this coming week.

I haven't posted a menu in awhile so here is ours for the coming week, starting with tonight. Most of the meals are new to me, so we will see how it all goes. Wish me luck!

Friday, February 4
Tortilla Soup

Saturday
Chicken Spaghetti (Pioneer Woman)

Sunday (in honor of the Super Bowl)
7 layer Mexican Dip
Enchiladas

Monday
Roast and Potatoes

Tuesday
Pulled Chicken Sandwiches from the crock-pot

Wednesday
Stir-fry

Thursday
Shrimp Scampi and Parmesean Pasta

Friday
Make our own pizzas with flour tortillas

I am especially excited about the chicken spaghetti, I told Brian about this and he said "NO", but we are going to try it anyway, if he doesn't like it I have ravioli in the pantry!

The stir fry should be good too. It doesn't call for bottle stir fry sauce, you make your own from scratch, now these are the kinds of things I love. I love to make my own seasonings, my own dressings, etc. When I was growing up I found a recipe for shrimp sauce and I still use it to this day - I refuse to use cocktail sauce bought from the store, unless it is for raw oysters!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I have been wanting to try chicken spaghetti too. I guess I should go to her web-site and just try it. I haven't because Gene says no too. He says spaghetti should be red and should not have chicken in it.

    Oh, I love you, but if you guys make it all the way through next Friday without eating out, I will mail you $5.00.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come eat at your house!!

    ReplyDelete