Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 2011 Date Night

At the beginning of the year when Brian and I were talking about things we wanted to do this year, we both agreed we wanted to start a monthly date night. Nothing extravagant, but just a little time for us to spend together and talk. I knew January would be a difficult month for us. Brian traveled for work for one entire week, Monday-Friday, and then right after he got home I left for 5 days. We had hoped this date night would be right after I got home and it worked out perfectly. I got home on Wednesday and we had our planned date night on Saturday.

When we were planning this, we decided to write down 12 places that we like to eat, Brian picked 6 and I picked 6 and each month we will randomly draw one of the sheets of paper and that is where we will go. This method decides for us, we don't have to argue about where we want to or one of us always having to give in to the other. Last night we went here:




(there would have been no arguing about going here since we both love this place)

I should have taken pictures of what we ate, although you probably don't really care about that. Of course we had Bang Bang Shrimp for our appetizer. For my entree, I had the Imperial Wolf Fish, it was a baked fish, stuffed with sea scallops, shrimp, and crab - it was delicious. Brian had rainbow trout with a special seasoning and garlic whipped potatoes. We were both so full afterwards that all we wanted to do was curl up and go to sleep. I even told Mom and Dad when we arrived at their house that I wished I had brought my pajamas and tooth brush, all I wanted to do was go to sleep!

And after we finished dinner we went here and walked around. I was trying to find a cookbook that I have been looking for, but I was unsuccessful. It was nice to spend a little time together.




Once we were done, we went to my parent's house and picked up Hayden. She had a blast, of course.

Here is our date night picture - I asked Dad to take one of us, but as soon as he pulled out the camera, Hayden came running - she wanted it to be a family picture.




Thanks for watching Hayden for us, we enjoyed ourselves. And we can't wait until our date night in February. I am going to try and document each one. I think it will be fun to look back over the year and remember each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment