Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Surprised Little Girl

Christmas morning this year was fun. Hayden didn't realize what was going on, so she didn't wake up at the crack of dawn, but she was old enough to realize something had happened over night. She was just so excited to see everything, I know it was so overwhelming for her, but she played and played all morning. When she woke up from her nap, her first word was "play". So we played some more. We had a wonderful day. I didn't get a chance to make the big Christmas morning breakfast that I had intentions to make, a tradition I want to start, because I was still feeling rather sickly, but I made some cinnamon rolls and they were enjoyed.

We decided that when Hayden woke up we would go in and get her and bring her stocking to her. I hope to continue to do this, so she gives her full attention to her stocking without the big distractions that Santa left by the tree. We shall see, it worked great this year, of course.







This picture is where I found Hayden about an hour or so after we finished opening gifts and eating breakfast, she was back in her room to check out that stocking again.



After the stockings were finished, we went to the living room and found Santa's gifts, Hayden was all smiles!









Even Maggie joined in on the Christmas morning fun - Santa never forgets her either!





I saw this bone for about 5 seconds after Maggie opened it and then it was gone, she has hiden it somewhere, like she always does. I would think she would want to enjoy it, oh well. Crazy dog.



We opened more gifts and listened to Christmas carols all morning, it was so nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment