Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010

I will start with Christmas Eve, since this is the first day of our Christmas holidays that I actually took pictures. I had planned to have 6 full days at home during Christmas, so Hayden and I could enjoy our time together listening to Christmas carols, baking cookies, visiting Santa (one more time), we had plans to go to the Montgomery Zoo to see the Holidays lights, and we were going to spend a little time shopping and enjoying all the decorations, but apparently that was not part of God's plan. Instead of 6 days off, I got 7 - Hayden woke up a day before my vacation would begin throwing up and we were up and off. It was an awful day, followed by several more awful days leading right up to Christmas day itself. Hayden ended up having the stomach flu and she was fine after day one, but she passed it along to me and I was not fine after one day. It took me several days to recover. We didn't do anything during those several days at home. I curled up in bed for one of them. I didn't eat for a few days, which meant I was unable to enjoy a single bite of food on Christmas eve - ugh. Oh well, maybe next year.

So enough about all of that. Here are pictures from our Christmas Eve. As you can tell Hayden felt good and we had fun at Brian's parents.

Here she is trying to figure out what exactly is going on - looking to Daddy for some guidance...



Hayden delivering presents to everyone. I wish I could have watched everyone open up their gifts, but there was no order to the present opening. Of course, trying to have any order whatsoever with a toddler is quite funny in itself. Afterwards I even realized that one gift for me was still left on the couch that I never even opened because I didn't see it. And I had to ask which gifts were from whom so I would know who to thank. So in case I missed someone, thank you. If I didn't say thank you that night, it was honestly because I had no idea what we got. If Brian opened something I didn't even know about it until the next day.



Looks like Hayden is getting the hang of it, she finally was able to open up her gifts. Her very first doll house!



No comments:

Post a Comment