Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11.

Wow - today is 1-1-11, it has a nice ring to it doesn't it? I love New Year's, it has to be one of the best days of the year. The last two days of December are always hard for me because I am so excited to start the new year. I love new calendars, new books, etc.

I know New Year's Day shouldn't be the one day of the year where we want to start fresh, but I just can't help it. I spend the last week of the year buying new calendars, new devotionals, new books to read and making lists of things that I would like to accomplish, not resolutions so much. For instance I bought a new One Year Bible for me. I have read a lot of the bible, but I can't quote scripture, not anymore at least. I have always wanted to read through the entire Bible and study His Word, but honestly I have just never done it. So today is a new day and I always like to think of New Year's Day as a gift from God.

I also finished up a devotional last night and I finished up another book I was reading, so time for new ones. I read all the time, there is not a day that goes by that I am not reading something. I have books galore and I collect them, my book case is overflowing and I love it. How many books will I read this year?

I also bought "The Household Money Organizer" - Brian and I have to start doing a better job of managing our money, well actually I guess I need to, because Brian definately won't and this responsibility falls to me. It lays out a budget for me to fill in, it has a pocket each month for the bills and you write down the monthly fixed expenses and then you see how much you have left over for everything else. Unfortunately right now, we have a lot of "fixed expenses". It also then lets you fill in what you are saving for that month and what you will give too. Each month has a little story that goes with it and scripture to follow. I am loving it. I have tried several times to put us on a budget, but Brian doesn't cooperate, this year though, HE IS.

I receive a daily thought each morning in my e-mail inbox, I have gotten these for years. I really like yesterday's "thought" and I wanted to share it with you today on this New Year's Day.

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.
~ Louis L'Amour

Pictures will be coming soon from Christmas and I can't wait to share them with you.

Happy New Year from our family to yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment