Saturday, October 24, 2009

Football Saturday











Ok, so today didn't go exactly how I had hoped, actually it went all wrong. I really, really, thought Tennesse was just about to pull it out and beat those ugly bammers at Home, but that was not meant to be, even though Tennessee should have gotten a second opportunity to kick a field goal, although by the way the kicker was playing a second chance probably wouldn't have mattered much. I am secretly a closet Tennessee fan I think, except when they are playing my beloved AU tigers, thank heavens the last few years Auburn hasn't had much problem with them. But if the way Tennessee seems to be recruiting these days, is a sign of things to come, everyone that plays them might have problems in the future, but that is a long ways off and we don't have to play them again until 2014 - I think. I really don't even know where to start with how my day ended watching Auburn, all I can say is I am glad the season will be over soon, because I don't know how many more Saturdays I can watch the diaster take place on the field and watching these games with Brian only makes things worse, if that is possible. He has such high hopes every week. I hate seeing them get crushed over and over again.

Other than the ballgames today, everything else went wonderful. We had a great lunch today at Bass Pro with Nan and Poppa and seems Hayden is finally warming up to Poppa. Actually today I think he was her preferred choice to be with. She let him hold her after lunch and then walk all around the store, we even went and watched the Giant Fish swim around in the big fish tank. She was amazed, as was I, at how big they were. She loved walking around watching everything and seeing all the big stuffed animals everywhere - what a great afternoon. When we finally left and started to head home, it took her about 2.5 seconds to fall asleep and she slept in her car seat from 2:30 until 5:00 p.m., well after her feeding, just enough time for Brian and I both to get a good little nap in.

I've added a few photos from today - Hayden looked adorable in her little Halloween dress(these pictures don't do it justice). I decided to let her go ahead and wear it since I knew we would be out in public today for people to see. Over the past few weeks I had been debating on whether or not to buy Hayden a costume. I really didn't see the need since we didn't really have any plans to go anywhere and those costumes are so big and bulky that I didn't think she would enjoy wearing. So I finally decided against making the purchase and this week while I was shopping at East Chase I found the most precious dress and thought it would be a great photo opportunity for her first Halloween!

Hope everyone had a great Saturday and that you were able to enjoy the games more than I!

3 comments:

  1. Love the dress you're wearing, Lindsay! Did you get that Holiday Market?! :) Love that place ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren, yes I got the dress at Holiday Market, I love it there too and look forward to going each year!

    ReplyDelete