Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lists...

Lists seem to consume me. I love making lists; to-do lists, grocery lists, christmas shopping lists, upcoming birthday and wedding gifts lists, phone calls to return lists, really any kind of list. I think I really like crossing things off the list once they are done. I have a notepad and pen readily available everywhere I am, just in case. I have one sitting on my desk at work, (in both offices) one on my desk at home, two on the fridge at home, one in my car, one in my purse, and on and on and on. But the list that seems to drive me most batty, is the one I have no control over - my Honey-Do List.

Brian doesn't do lists, he doesn't look at my lists, doesn't make lists, never adds to the grocery list, so when I forget to pick something up at the store, well, it's because it wasn't on the list! He also hates when I make lists for him (who can blame him, most men don't, I can't imagine my Dad ever making a list, much less sticking to it, it must be woman thing) - which brings me to my honey-do list. This list has been waiting patiently to have items crossed off for some time now. Here's what is on the list:

1. Replace blown flood light on front of house (this was placed on the list on July 4th - yes you read that right, JULY 4th)

2. Dust ceiling fans in the den, masterbedroom, and outside on the back patio.

3. Replace blown light under kitchen cabinets.

4. Clean out overhead light in kitchen (no idea how bugs manage to get into the light fixtures).

5. Replace all smoke detector batteries throughout the house (this one really wasn't his fault, because I forgot to put batteries on my grocery list, so we haven't had any, but on Saturday night the battery in Hayden's bedroom starting beeping, very loudly mind you, at 3:00 A.M. and yes it woke her up and it took me until 4:30 A.M. to get her back to sleep. I now have batteries sitting on the counter to replace all the smoke detectors in the house so this doesn't happen again).

6. Check tire pressure on my Jeep, the light has come on saying the pressure is low on one or more tires.

7. Replace two blown flood lights in the back of the house (I guess these lights all go out around the same time)

8. Hang Hayden's new 4 month pictures - these should be waiting in the mail when I get home today! (Thanks Lori Mercer for taking this wonderful photos)

I love you Brian - I know you always say I don't remind you to get these things done, so I thought if you saw this posted it would be a loving little nudge :)

Now, I think I will go and run errands and cross off a few things from my "Shopping List"!

2 comments:

  1. The blog looks great!
    You sound a lot like me. I have several lists going on around here right now, too. I love them and couldn't live without them.
    Brian better get busy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will get it done when i get around to it ok. thanks honey i love u too oh and thanks for the support lesley. (brian)

    ReplyDelete