Friday, October 23, 2009

It Has Been A Long Week

It's Friday - Finally. It has been a long, exhausting week and I am glad that Friday has come and the weekend is here. At home, things have been good for the most part. I have spent most of the week trying hard to get a cold, but I think it ended up just being allergies. After sleeping through the entire night, for over two months now, Hayden has started waking up around 3:00 a.m. each night because she has rolled over on her belly and can't seem to figure out how to roll back over, Bless Her Little Heart. But, when I pick her up and try and rock her back to sleep she seems awake and it has taken me anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour each night to get her back to sleep - this too shall pass I keep telling myself.

My week at the office has been fairly low key, but I know next week will not be the same. The phones didn't ring much this week, which allowed me to catch up on some work, things like Federal Tax deposits, quarterly tax reporting for the state and federal governments, preparing the 2010 Budget and a proposed slate of officers for our Board of Directors for 2010 and working very hard on my Annual Conference and Trade Show for January. Next week holds almost all of the same, adding in a December Board Meeting, Leadership Program agendas, Senior Camp in Orange Beach and membership renewals that need to go out the first week of November. I have a very busy week.

Today I was so excited because it's Holiday Market time in Montgomery and this is an event I look very forward to each year. This starts off my Christmas shopping time. This year was different though because, this year we decided at the last minute to take Hayden. She did wonderful, but I couldn't really stop and look at all the booths because, well, everything is a little more difficult with a 5 month old. Brian was with us, so he was able to help and feed her while I shopped. I, of course, didn't get much Christmas shopping done because I ended up shopping for myself and for Hayden - but it was fun all the same. Mom and Dad were able to meet us there and we had fun walking around with them, listening to all the nice ladies gush over how precious Hayden was, that's always fun! And to top everything off, Hayden let my Dad hold her for quite awhile, this may not sound like a big deal, but lately she has something against most men - all except for Pap and her Daddy, of course .

We are looking forward to tommorrow and having lunch with Nan and Poppa at Bass Pro and then hopefully a relaxing day at the house watching a little college football. I just hope Auburn gives me something to cheer about again, they continue to break my heart, but I keep going back for more and that will never change. I have hope each and every Saturday that they will turn it around, could tomorrow be the day??? Oh and let's not forget - Go VOLS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment